пятница, 22 сентября 2017 г.

Valentine’s Day Florals and a Much-Needed Life Update

Valentine’s Day Florals and a Much-Needed Life Update
Spring bedroom refre
Spring bedroom refre


EttoreVitale - calen
EttoreVitale - calen

A LOVELY HOME WITH H
A LOVELY HOME WITH H

Mary-Kate Olsen on H
Mary-Kate Olsen on H

















Hello friends! It’s been a while, and I’m sorry for the radio silence! Much has been going on over here, and a little unplanned break from blogging and social media was just so necessary for me! I’m not going anywhere, though, and I’ll slowly be transitioning back to more regular posting and such!


The reason for my little break? Well, some of you may have guessed, but I’m expecting baby number 3, due early September! It’s an exciting but difficult time for us! My first trimester is always quite unpleasant, and we’ve been in survival mode around here. I’ve been feeling nauseous all day long, and the only thing that helps is eating. So, I eat little snacks all day long. And come 5 PM, food doesn’t help, and I’m just yucky sick until I go to sleep and wake up in the morning starving, and the whole cycle starts over again. We’ve been having lots of prepared foods for dinner that involve minimal work for Joe once he gets home from work. He’s a gem, and has been doing SO MUCH for us and our home and our sanity. I really couldn’t do this without his incredible support.


It’s really strange: during my first trimester, I don’t have the energy or desire to do much of anything… I have zero creativity, which is the main reason A Daily Something was neglected for over a month. I could hardly even get myself to use Pinterest. It made me more nauseous. Crazy, I know. But it’s happened with all my pregnancies (this time is definitely the worst). Thanks to my dear mama who stayed with us a few weeks ago and helped me get ahead of my house, I’ve been able to keep the house decently tidy. But I didn’t have the energy to leave the house for weeks. I’ve finally literally forced myself out of the house with the girls a few times each week. It takes so much more effort when I’m not feeling well, but it’s so good for us.


We’ve decided to announce this pregnancy a little before “normal;” I’m 11 weeks tomorrow. During this very week last year, I suffered a miscarriage at 9 weeks pregnant. I never shared about it here, but it was more difficult than I ever imagined. And I needed a D&C over a month in, which just ended up prolonging everything. I know so many people who’ve suffered miscarriages, but I never knew about it while they were in the midst of it. Always months or years later. I’m now shifting away from waiting “until it’s safe” to announce pregnancy. Why do we do that? Why not celebrate the life inside of us for as long as possible? And if we lose that little human life, we can mourn with and be comforted by others. Not everyone has to agree with me here, but this is just how I’m feeling in light of my (and others’) experiences.


To celebrate this little life growing inside of me, I wanted to share a simple floral for LOVE DAY next week! One that is whimsical, wild, soft, and overflowing. I ordered from my favorite, Florabundance, and Debbie sent the prettiest assortment.


For this design, I ended up using anemones, astrantia, hellebores, jasmine vine, peonies, ranunculus, scabiosia, and blackberries. I started with a simple round vessel, and taped a grid on the top. Then I started adding jasmine vine to set the shape and height, and then filled out some of the space with the astrantia (the small pink flowers). I clustered peonies and scabiosia, and added other bits here and there. I wanted to keep this arrangement loose, which proved a challenge for me! Once I’m in the moment, I find it hard to stop! I finally did stop, and love the final outcome! Hope you’re inspired!


SO MANY THANKS to my lovely sister-in-law Abigail Gallop for these lovely photos, and for helping me get back into the groove!


Original article and pictures take static.showit.co site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий